UNISONActive is an unofficial blog produced by UNISON activists for UNISON activists. Bringing news, briefings and events from a progressive left perspective.

Saturday 15 February 2014

Streetlights by Luo Ying

Streetlights
Come shine on me
Tonight
I’ll get deeply drunk
Shocked people
Get away from me quick
These streets
Have untamed me
It’s impossible to run wild
Every street is the same
People on the road
Always rushing
Men indifferent
Women cold
Nobody attends to me
A clinging shadow
Ask the wind to blow me
I’ll not sway
And won’t make a sound
Used to trifling days
Who will want to resist again
Like small flowers in the corners of walls living and dying
Withering when it’s time to wither
Flourishing when time to flourish
Dusk
And I see children returning again

http://www.wpm2011.org/node/418